All citizens of the European Union have the right to move and settle freely in any country of the European Union. This means that to spend less than 90 days in an EU country, you do not need any type of visa or permission to do so.

However, if you want to reside for more than 90 days in Spain, it is mandatory to have the residence for Europeans: the certificate of citizen of the European Union.

This certificate is issued as a green paper. The N.I.E. number will be integrated on that paper. In other words, community citizens who want to stay in Spain for more than 90 days should only process the EU Citizen Certificate (residence for Europeans), they will not need to process the N.I.E. too. In case you are going to be in Spain for less than 90 days, but you need to do something (for example: open a bank account), then you do need to process the N.I.E. (Not all procedures must be done with the N.I.E. number, some can be done with the passport).

In case you need to process the N.I.E., read this article to find out what documents you need to request it.

The EU citizen certificate is not an identity document, that means that to identify yourself, you will have to show your passport or your national identity card. The EU certificate only proves that you are residing in Spain legally.

Documents to request the EU Citizen Certificate:

– Form EX 18 (original and a photocopy).

– Passport (original and photocopy).

– Registration (empadronamiento).

– Fee paid 790 012.

– Full private medical insurance or be registered with Social Security.

– Sufficient economic means, this can be demonstrated with:

– Employment contract.

– Self-employment.

– Bank account with liquid money.

– If you are a student, you must also provide the registration fee.

– If you are coming with a minor, you must also provide the birth certificate and you must have superior economic means to be able to support the minor.

0 comentarios

Deja una respuesta

Marcador de posición del avatar

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

Abogados Extranjería en Alicante