(Consolidation in the country for family reasons).

It is a temporary residence authorization for exceptional circumstances that may be granted to foreign citizens who are in Spain and are either the father or mother of a minor of Spanish nationality, or are the children of a father or mother who were originally Spanish.

The requirements that you must meet in order to be accepted for family roots are:

• Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries to whom the Union citizen regime applies.

• Lack of a criminal record in Spain and in their previous countries of residence for crimes existing in the Spanish legal system.

• Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not appearing as objectionable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect.

• Not being, where appropriate, within the term of the commitment not to return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when voluntarily returning to their country of origin.

• Being the father or mother of a minor of Spanish nationality, or the son of a father or mother who was originally Spanish.

The documents:

• Application form in official model (EX-10) in duplicate, duly completed and signed by the foreigner. This form can be obtained at

• Complete copy of the passport, travel document or registration document with a minimum validity of four months.

• Criminal record certificate issued by the Authorities of the country or countries in which you have resided during the last five years prior to entering Spain.

• Documentation accrediting family ties and nationality, which will be:

o In the event of being the father or mother of a minor of Spanish nationality:

 Birth certificate of the minor of Spanish nationality stating the family relationship and the Spanish nationality of said minor.

o In the event of being the son of an originally Spanish father or mother:

 Applicant’s birth certificate.

 Birth certificate of the father or mother originally Spanish or certificate from the Civil Registry that proves said condition.

Important note: when documents from other countries are provided, they must be translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is submitted.

On the other hand, all foreign public documents must be previously legalized by the Spanish Consular Office with jurisdiction in the country in which said document was issued or, where appropriate, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, except in the case in which said document has been apostilled by the competent Authority of the issuing country according to the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 and unless said document is exempt from legalization by virtue of the International Convention.


The application can be submitted electronically, at the immigration office where you are registered.

• Temporary residence fee due to exceptional circumstances: it will accrue at the time the application is accepted for processing, and must be paid within ten business days, it is:

o Form 790 code 052, section 2.5 “temporary residence authorization due to exceptional circumstances”: to be paid abroad

The form for payment can be downloaded from the Internet portal of the Secretary of State for Public Administration.

• Deadline for resolution of the request: 3 months from the day following the date on which it was entered in the register of the competent body for its processing. Once this period has elapsed without the Administration having made the notification, it may be understood that the request has been rejected due to administrative silence. (When it has not been possible to notify the resolution, it will be announced on the Single Edictal Board (TEU). If electronic notification has been chosen or it is legally required to use that means, the resolution will be notified by publication in the electronic office. If it is not agrees to the resolution within 10 working days from its publication, it will be considered notified).

• The granting of the residence permit entails an authorization to work as an employee or self-employed in Spain.

• Within a month from the notification of the granting of the residence permit due to exceptional circumstances, the foreigner must personally request the Foreigner Identity Card, at the Immigration Office or Police Station of the province where it has been processed. the authorization. Where to go, the hours and if you have to make an appointment.

0 comentarios

Deja una respuesta

Marcador de posición del avatar

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *

Abogados Extranjería en Alicante